CPM™ Coach Candidate and Certified CPM™ Coach Standards Policy
Practicing Within the Scope of Existing Licensing, Training and/or Certification:
The CPM™ is a curriculum that should be used in conjunction with existing skills and integrated into Certified CPM™ Coach–Candidates’ and Certified CPM™ Coaches’ existing practices.
The CPM™ is a highly tailored and formatted coaching program replete with specific strategies and techniques to train coaches to specifically help parents help their children to unfold into their fullest potential. This means that a wide range of helping professionals can effectively and ethically facilitate the work in diverse settings. However, despite the broad applicability of the curriculum, Certified CPM™ Coach- Candidates and Certified CPM™ Coaches are only permitted to apply the curriculum within their existing scope of practice as dictated by their licensure, training, or certification.
- If a person is not trained in trauma, deep processing, or family of origin work, then s/he should not be working with clients where these skills are necessary. If these issues emerge, clients should be referred to someone who could better meet the clients’ need.
To ensure that Certified CPM™ Coaches and Coach-Candidates are operating within their scope of practices and avoiding potential conflicts, Conscious Coaching Revolution, LLC strongly suggests that prospective clients be screened before a coaching program begins. It is suggested that Certified CPM™ Coaches and Coach screen and refer prospective clients if there is any concern that they may not be appropriate or ready for the experience. Further, if a prospective client presents in screening with an issue outside the scope of a Certified CPM™ Coach–Candidate’s or Certified CPM™ Coach’s practice, then it is his or her responsibility to refer them out to someone that might better meet their needs.
Evaluation of Professional Readiness, Professional Behavior and Ethical Conduct:
In order to provide quality certification training to Certified CPM™ Coach- Candidates and to monitor that Certified CPM™ Coaches are able to provide ethical and effective coaching services with their prospective clients, Conscious Coaching Revolution, LLC evaluates Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidates and Certified CPM™ Coaches in the following three primary areas: professional readiness, professional behavior, and ethical conduct.
- Professional Readiness : Generally accepted standards of personal integrity, health and emotional stability, self-care, communication skills, interpersonal skills, and self- awareness.
- Personal Integrity: Is open to learning and is honest with oneself and colleagues.
- Health, Emotional Stability & Self Care: Uses thoughtful judgment in professional situations. Seeks and effectively practices self-care, uses help, and responsibly addresses one’s own health and emotional issues that may interfere with learning and professional performance.
- Communication Skills: Communicates responsibly and sensitively, and with respect toward colleagues, training facilitators, case consultants, staff, and clients.
- Interpersonal Skills: Expresses ideas and feelings in a way that allows others to hear and understand. Demonstrates willingness and an ability to listen to others.
- Self-Awareness: Exhibits knowledge of how one’s values, attitudes, beliefs, emotions and past experiences affect thinking, behavior and relationships. Accurately assesses one’s own strengths, limitations, and suitability for professional practice in their field on an ongoing basis. Shows a level of self-awareness and of how one is perceived by others. Reflects on one’s own limitations as they relate to professional capacities. Is willing to examine and change behavior when it interferes in working with clients and other professionals.
- Coaching Skills: Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain an environment characterized by meaningful interaction; open and honest discussion; and a safe, respectful setting. Demonstrates a solid understanding of Dr. Shefali’s Conscious Parenting philosophy and the use of The CPM™ Curriculum to facilitate that philosophy in a private, coaching setting.
- Professional Behavior:
- Exhibits behaviors that are in compliance with The CPM™ policies and professional standards during training, consultation, and in working with communities being served.
- Shows appearance and demeanor that are appropriate to the roles and settings encountered during the training, case consultation, and coaching experiences.
- Shows potential for responsible and accountable behavior by respecting others, being punctual and dependable, prioritizing responsibilities, observing deadlines, completing tasks on time, and keeping appointments or making alternate arrangements.
- Works effectively with others, regardless of level of authority or position.
- Advocates for him/herself in a constructive manner and first uses established channels for conflict resolution.
- Shows a willingness to acknowledge constructive feedback and/or case consultation and uses this feedback to enhance professional development.
- Ethical Conduct:
- Adheres to the Code of Ethics or equivalent of his or her licensing/accrediting/governing body.
- Appreciates the value of diversity. Works with and relates to others who are different from oneself, regardless of the student’s own personal, religious, and/or cultural values.
- Comprehends other individuals’ way of life and differing values. Uses empathic communication and support of the client as a basis for a productive professional relationship.
- Shows respect for the rights of others. Commits to the clients’ human rights to freedom of choice and self-determination.
- Maintains the professional standard of confidentiality.
- Demonstrates consistent honesty and integrity by being truthful about one’s own background, experiences, and qualifications.
- Demonstrates clear, appropriate, and culturally sensitive boundaries.
- Refrains from sexually harassing others, making verbal or physical threats, being involved in sexual relationships with clients, abusing others in physical, emotional, verbal, or sexual ways, or participating in dual relationships where conflicts of interest may exist.
- Evaluates prospective clients and their situations in a systematic, factual way. Refrains from imposing personal biases during interactions with others.
When Dr. Shefali and/or a faculty member has a serious concern regarding a Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate’s professional readiness, professional behavior, and/or ethical conduct, s/he must inform The CCI™ Leadership Team promptly.
Jointly, they will determine if the Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate should continue in the certification process OR if the candidacy should be terminated OR if the Certified CPM™ Coach should have his or her certification revoked or suspended.
Denial, Suspension and Revocation Policy:
Notwithstanding the foregoing Conscious Coaching Revolution, LLC reserves the right to suspend, deny, terminate or revoke the training or certification of any Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach at any time for any reason. Any Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach that has had his or her certification or training terminated, suspended, denied or revoked shall immediately cease referring to himself or herself as a Certified CPM™ Coach- Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach and shall remove all reference to the same and to The CPMCP™ curriculum from his or her website, social media platforms and marketing materials.
Each Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach authorizes Conscious Coaching Revolution, LLC to disclose to any third party requesting such information whether such Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach is then currently certified as a Certified CPM™ Coach, whether he or she has participated in the certification process and whether he or she has had his or her certification or training suspended, denied, terminated or revoked. Such information shall not be considered confidential and may be freely disclosed in the sole discretion of Conscious Coaching Revolution, LLC.
Specific violations which may lead to the suspension, denial, termination or revocation of certification may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- If a Governing, Disciplinary or Ethics Oversight Board governing a Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach disciplines or sanctions or finds against in any complaint such Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach
- If a Governing, Disciplinary or Ethics Oversight Board governing a Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach receives a complaint about such Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach that merits a formal investigation by the Governing, Disciplinary or Ethics Oversight Board.
- If a Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach’s license or certification from a Governing, Disciplinary or Ethics Oversight Board is suspended, denied, terminated or revoked.
- If Conscious Coaching Revolution, LLC receives a serious complaint from a client about a Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach that is supported by reasonable evidence such that Conscious Coaching Revolution, LLC credits it with having merit and notifies the Governing, Disciplinary or Ethics Oversight Board governing such Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach of such complaint.
- If a Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach is convicted in a court of law of any felony or misdemeanor (except for misdemeanors involving minor traffic violations).
- If an action or complaint has been brought against a Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach alleging that such Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach practices, condones, facilitates, or collaborates with any form of discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, political belief, religion, immigration status, or mental or physical disability.
- If a Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach receives or has received financial gain from, is involved in any business that includes, or is partners with, in practice with or in business with any business, entity or person that includes the exploitation of or discrimination against any person, group, or class on the basis of: race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, political belief, religion, immigration status, or mental or physical disability. Examples include, but are not limited to, businesses involved in pornography, conversion or reparative therapy, and those exploiting immigration status.
- If a Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach fails to fulfill any agreed upon financial commitments to Conscious Coaching Revolution, LLC.
- If a Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach has failed to exercise the degree of skill, care, and learning expected of a reasonably prudent provider of same specialty under the same or similar circumstances.
- If a Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach violates the terms of this Coach-Candidate Standards Policy or any other policy of Conscious Coaching Revolution, LLC.
In the event of the denial of certification of a Certified CPM™ Coach- Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach, Conscious Coaching Revolution, LLC shall immediately remove the Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach’s name from any of its website, social media platforms or marketing materials. Conscious Coaching Revolution, LLC shall have the right at any time to change or modify the terms and conditions of this Candidate and Certified CPM™ Standards Policy. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice, which may be given by any means including, but not limited to, posting on The CCI™ website, or by electronic or conventional mail, or by any other means by which a Certified CPM™ Coach-Candidate or Certified CPM™ Coach obtains notice thereof.
Coach Candidate and Certified CPM™ Coach Standards Policy | V 1.0